In the UK, there is now a wide range of disease modifying drugs (DMDs) that have been approved for use in the NHS for people with relapsing remitting MS (RRMS).
Each drug offers a different combination of benefits and risks. MS Decisions can help you make your choice.
You might be coming to MS Decisions because:
- you are looking for a general introduction to the range of DMDs that can be prescribed by a neurologist for RRMS so that you can get familiar with the options for treatment.
- you have seen your neurologist or MS nurse and talked about the possibility of starting treatment and want to know what to expect and what you need to consider
- your neurologist may have given you several specific options to consider and you want to compare these DMDs so that you can go to your next clinic visit with your own thoughts and questions
- you are already on a DMD and you are considering switching to another one.
Whatever your situation, MS Decisions can help you by:
- providing reliable information about DMDs for RRMS in a format that makes it easy to compare
- exploring topics that you might want to think through when making your decision
- helping you prepare for your appointment with your neurologist or MS nurse
MS Decisions was highly commended in the 2016 BMA Patient Information Awards. The award reviewers described the guide as an:
excellent resource that will help many people through a difficult decision.
Compare the different types of disease modifying drugs (DMDs) that are available to treat relapsing MS.
Compare Disease Modifying Drugs (DMDs)
Use our MS Decisions aid to help filter and compare the different types of disease modifying drugs (DMDs) that are available to treat relapsing MS.