About the involvement and inclusion panel
The MS Trust is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We are recruiting an Involvement & Inclusion Panel (I&I Panel) to support our work by providing insight and advice to ensure we fully reflect the community we serve.
The 10 people on the panel will use their lived experience and expertise to give advice and opinions on a broad range of issues relating to equality, diversity and inclusion. We are looking for a balance of panel members including those affected by MS, their friends, family and carers, and representing a range of lived experience. This additional experience could include type of MS, age, disability, gender identity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. In addition we will consider the need for geographic diversity across the devolved UK nations.
What you could be doing
- Attending panel meetings virtually four times a year and participating in discussions
- Contributing to discussions at other times
- Acting as a champion for the MS Trust and attending conferences and events
- Seeking insight from your own circles and bringing this to the discussion
What's in it for you
- A flexible way to volunteer in your spare time from the comfort of your home
- Meet people from across the MS Community to share insights
- Use your lived experience and expertise to give advice and opinions on a broad range of issues
- Your feedback will help shape future MS Trust services, including our website, information content, future campaigns and new services
What you'll need
- A smartphone, tablet or computer with access to the internet
- An email account - we'll email you links to the panel meetings as well as any paperwork or reading material that relates to meetings
- Confident communication skills and the ability to respectfully engage with people who have different views and experience
For more information please read the I&I panel volunteer role description (docx, 25kb) and the terms of reference (docx, 25kb). If you're ready to apply, please complete the form below. The deadline for applications is 30 October, 2021.
Apply to join the panel
Other ways to volunteer
Friends of the MS Trust
Become a Friend of the MS Trust and support us in your community by raising funds and awareness.
Volunteer for the MS Trust
Find out how you can volunteer for the MS Trust. Learn new skills, meet people and support the charity's work for people with MS.