16 August 2021
In part two of mobility problems and mobility aids, we chat to neuro-physiotherapist Jody Barber. This includes looking at how mobility problems may present in MS and what to do if you think you need a mobility aid as well as some different exercises you can do to help improve your mobility. Jody also discusses the psychological barriers people may face when needing to use a mobility aid for the first time, why it's okay to feel hesitant and how to overcome these barriers.
- This episode was produced by our volunteer Will
- MS Trust page on Walking difficulties: mstrust.org.uk/a-z/walking-difficulties
- MS Trust page on exercise: mstrust.org.uk/life-ms/exercise
- Watch the MS Society's exercises for MS symptoms: mssociety.org.uk/care-and-support/everyday-living/staying-active/exercises-for-ms-symptoms
- Watch yoga with Jody Barber: https://youtu.be/6MVUJE_JvcA
You can listen to the podcast on:
Other podcast episodes
Mobility problems and aids in MS (Part 1)
2 August 2021
Many people with MS can experience issues with their walking and mobility. In this episode we chat with blogger, Emily, who was diagnosed with relapsing remitting MS in 2010. Emily shares her experience of using walking aids and discusses how using a wheelchair helped change her life.
Will asks the expert about balance
19 July 2021
Guest presenter and volunteer, Will, is back to delve into another area of our MS archives. In this episode he turns his focus to balance and dizziness in multiple sclerosis, and shares ways to help manage these symptoms. Featuring input from Neuro and Vestibular Physiotherapist, David Herdman.
Mental health and MS
17 April 2020
In this podcast we discuss why mental health problems are more common in MS, Dr Anita Rose shares her top tips for taking care of your mental wellbeing, and Chris and Carla, who both live with MS, share their experiences.