Annual Conference 2022
Sunday, 27 to Tuesday, 29 March 2022, Jurys Inn Hinckley Island Hotel
There is no other event like the MS Trust conference!
The MS Trust conference is a fantastic event for MS health professionals to come together to learn, share expertise and focus on improving care for everyone affected by MS. Conference provides an opportunity for MS teams to update their knowledge on the latest developments in MS care and treatment and to network with other health professionals who share a special interest in MS.
The programme has a great mix of sessions for both nurses and therapists as well as plenty of opportunities for shared multi-disciplinary learning, helping you make a difference to people with MS. Networking is an important part of the conference and there will be plenty of time to network throughout the conference and not forgetting the famous MS Trust quiz and fancy-dress disco!
What does it cost?
The full conference fee is £600 inclusive of VAT, for a three-day programme including accommodation on Sunday and Monday. Payment must be made by credit or debit card at the time of booking.
You can book accommodation on Saturday, 26 March at an additional cost of £95 (inclusive of VAT). Please state when making your online booking if you require accommodation on Saturday; you are responsible for settling this cost directly with the hotel.
Help with funding your attendance
To help fund your attendance, the MS Trust offers generous bursary schemes to MS nurses and specialist therapists.
We are delighted to once again offer 150 MS nurses and 50 therapists (who are members of the Therapists in MS (TiMS) network) an 80% bursary towards the cost of attending. If you are eligible for a bursary, you will receive an email outlining the details that you need to book on line.
Do not delay booking as these bursaries will be snapped up quickly - and once gone they are gone!
We also have bursary schemes available for nurses and allied health professionals who are not eligible for the 80% bursaries or for those working in other settings such as hospices and care homes. Find out more about the MS Trust Conference bursary scheme.
For further information email email@example.com or telephone 01462 530075.
Highlights from this year's programme
Expert speakers include:
- Noreen Barker, MS Nurse Consultant
- Suzanne Buckley, Highly Specialist Speech & Language Therapist
- Professor Siddharthan Chandran, MacDonald Professor of Neurology
- Michelle Davies, Dorset MS Service Lead & Specialist Practitioner
- Dr Ruth Dobson, Consultant Neurologist
- Dr Catherine Doogan, Senior Research Associate Neurotherapeutics
- Dr David Okai, Consultant Neuropsychiatrist
- Jenny Rolfe, Consultant Occupational Therapist
- Dr Eli Silber, Consultant Neurologist
- Dr Rachel Tams, Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Professor Anna Williams, Professor of Regenerative Medicine
Planned conference sessions include:
- Bowel management masterclass
- Changing work patterns in MS
- Communication in advanced MS
- Ethical dilemmas in advanced MS
- Functional overlay
- Identifying the needs of people with MS from different cultures
- Management of UTI's in MS
- MS and the menopause
- Positioning and postural management in advanced MS
- Psychosis in MS
- Remyelination in multiple sclerosis
(Please note the programme may be subject to change)
Directions to Jurys Inn Hinckley Island Hotel
Located just off the M69 motorway between Leicester and Coventry, Hinckley Island is easy to reach by rail, road or air.
Postcode LE10 3JA
- 2 miles from Hinckley railway station
- Less than one hour from London Euston via Nuneaton station
- Located just off the M69, Junction 1
- Easily accessible from M6 and M1motorways
- There is ample complimentary onsite parking.
- 30 minutes from East Midlands Airport
- 40 minutes from Birmingham International Airport
The poster exhibition provides an opportunity to showcase models of excellence in evidence and practice in MS care. Research, audit and service improvement projects are all eligible for submission. Posters will be displayed throughout the conference and there is time in the programme for authors to respond to delegate questions about their poster. Posters are also entered into a fast-paced and entertaining 'poster speed-dating' session; once witnessed, never forgotten!
The closing date for poster applications and abstracts is Friday, 28 January 2022, email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your poster application will be reviewed as soon as possible and we will then contact you to let you know if your poster application has been successful.
The sooner you send in your abstract, the longer you will have to work on your poster!
You will be required to register to attend conference if your poster is accepted.
We understand that developing and submitting a poster can be daunting. You can find tips, guidelines and poster examples to help you with your submission on the poster exhibition 2022 page.
Download a copy of the poster application form (DOC, 60KB).
Terms & conditions
If you cancel your place after booking a cancellation charge may apply (full terms and conditions can be viewed when making your booking).
We will be working closely with the hotel and following current government guidelines/restrictions around COVID.