Volunteers are a vital part of our organisation – donating time and expertise to help us support people affected by MS. We are always looking to create new opportunities that are of benefit to volunteers, the MS Trust and the people we support.
Want to volunteer?
We have a variety of volunteer opportunities. Some can be done at home or remotely, such as sharing your MS story or supporting our campaigns. Others are ad-hoc, such as helping at a fundraising event. We also offer long term and short term roles that can be full or part time. However you choose to support the MS Trust, there is a volunteer role for you.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our become a volunteer form below.
Whatever you do, as a MS Trust volunteer you'll be making a huge contribution to making sure:
- That nobody should have to manage MS alone,
- We provide trusted information to help people with MS live the best live possible,
- We educate MS health professionals to offer the best care; and
- We fund MS nurses in the areas of greatest need.
There are many benefits and opportunities to be gained in being a volunteer. If you decide to volunteer for us, you will:
- Make a difference to people with MS and those affected by the condition
- Gain valuable experience for your CV e.g. to develop your career or share your learning with others
- Be supported through an induction, learning and support
- Gain experience of what it's like volunteering for a charity
- Develop your personal experience, knowledge and skills such as in communication and working with others.
Social Media Volunteer
Support the MS Trust by volunteering to enhance our social media output
Support the MS Trust by volunteering at one off events
Support the MS Trust by volunteering to use your voice to develop future services
Nick's volunteering story
Following an MS diagnosis, Nick set his sights on the London Marathon and turned his passion for running into a way to volunteer and give back to charity.
Sally on volunteering with the MS Trust
Sally began volunteering with the MS Trust in 2020. Here they talk about how they were able to use their professional skills to make a difference in the service of others.
15 minutes with volunteer Will Berard
Will Berard was diagnosed with MS six years ago. After finding the MS Trust's resources useful, he decided to volunteer some of his time to help them develop their podcasts. We grab 15 minutes with him, to find out why he decided to get involved.