We're a charity that works to make a difference today for the 130,000 people living with MS in the UK. All of our services are provided free of charge. We receive no government or NHS funding. It's only thanks to the generosity of our supporters that we're able to continue our work.
How we raise our money
During 2018/2019 the efforts of our supporters helped us to raise £2,088,429 for people with MS.
- £926,611 events and community fundraising
- £588,369 gifts and donations
- £217,637 training and development activities
- £189,831 trading activities
- £128,907 legacies
- £37,074 other
How we spend our money
During 2018/2019, we spent £2,534,434 on our core activities to help people affected by MS.
- £593,574 funding MS health professionals
- £588,067 providing information for people affected by MS
- £249,936 training and supporting MS health professionals
- £51,384 funding MS research
- £741,076 on fundraising
- £310,397 on marketing
Our annual review
Our 2018 annual review looks back at how the MS Trust made a difference for people in the United Kingdom living with multiple sclerosis in 2017 / 2018.
Our annual reports
Our completed Annual Report includes our achievements for the year ending 31 July 2019.
Our completed Annual Report includes our achievements for the year ending 31 July 2018.
Our completed Annual Report includes our achievements for the year ending 31 July 2017.
To view accounts from previous years, please visit the Charity Commission website.
If you would like to discuss any of our work in more detail, or if you have any questions or comments about our Annual Review or Annual Report & Accounts, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01462 476700.
How your donations make a difference
Your gifts and donations help us make a difference today for the people living with MS in the UK.
- £6 could pay for one copy of an MS information book, which can help a person with MS better understand their condition.
- £15 could pay for one of our information specialists to provide telephone support to a person with MS.
- £100 could cover the cost to provide our Making Sense of MS guide to everybody diagnosed with MS in one week.
- £411 could provide an MS specialist nurse with publications and factsheets to share with their patients for one year.
- £940 could pay for our free MS Enquiry Service for one week.
- £1,765 could pay for a newly-appointed MS specialist nurse to receive foundation training in MS care, through the MS Trust’s development module.
- £53,000 could fund an MS specialist nurse for one year.
Help us make a difference
We could not continue to help people affected by MS today, without the generosity of our supporters.
The passion and support of our events and community fundraisers raised £926,611 in 2018/2019.
This money enabled us to provide services for people with MS, including our free Enquiry Service.
In 2018/2019 the generous gifts and donations from our supporters raised £588,369.
This money helped fund core MS services, including 4 new MS specialist nurses in the areas of greatest need.
In 2018/2019, income from our legacies was £128,907.
This money helped us provide important training for 80 MS health professionals.
Trusts and foundations
Grants from charitable trusts and foundations are very important to us as they enable us to continue our work as a charity.
Select the MS Trust as your company's charity partner or charity of the year and support the 130,000 people in the UK with multiple sclerosis.
Donate to the MS Trust
It is only with the help of our donors, supporters and volunteers that we can continue training MS specialists, funding vital research and providing trusted information to the 130,000 people living with MS across the UK.