If you're not satisfied with the heathcare service you've received from the NHS, you can give feedback, raise a concern or make a complaint. How you do this depends on where you live in the UK.
Each NHS trust in England has a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS). PALS offers confidential advice, support and information on health related issues and acts as a point of contact for patients, their families and their carers.
The MS Trust has no connection with the PALS service at any hospitals or trusts.
The role of PALS includes:
- helping you with health related questions and how to get more involved with your healthcare
- providing information about the NHS and about agencies and support groups outside the NHS
- helping to resolve concerns or problems for users of NHS services
- improving services by feeding back concerns, suggestions and experiences from users
- providing information about the NHS complaints procedure and how to get independent help in making a complaint.
In Scotland, you can contact the Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS). They provide free, confidential and independent advice and support for people using the NHS in Scotland.
- help you to give feedback or comments, raise concerns, or make complaints about the treatment you have received from the NHS
- help you to prepare if the NHS offers a meeting to discuss a complaint or concern
- help you write letters and make phone calls
- help you access your medical and clinical recordshelp you to understand your options with regard to treatment, care and support.
You can find the contact details for PASS on their website
In Wales, you can give feedback, raise concerns or make a complaint by contacting the Local Health Board (LHB) covering your area.
Each Local Health Board has a website with details on how to raise a concern or make a complaint. Find your LHB’s website
In Northern Ireland
In Northern Ireland, you need to contact the Health and Social Care Trust covering your area.
Each Health and Social Care Trust has a website with details on how to raise a concern or make a complaint. Find the website for your Health and Social Care Trust