7 June 2022
Most people with MS receive their diagnosis as adults in the midst of working life. This latest podcast from the MS Trust talks about what working life is like when you have multiple sclerosis. We discuss what rights people with MS have at work, how to disclose health conditions to an employer, what to do when you feel like you have to give up work or reduce your hours and much more.
Joining us on this episode is Discrimination Case Worker at South West London Law Centres, Lance Baynham, who covers your rights and what the Equality Act means for people with MS. We also chat to Gideon Schulman, a HR professional and person with MS, about his own experiences.
- Work and MS webinar - webinar from the MS Trust
- Working life with MS - information from the MS Trust
- Legal advice - information from the MS Trust
- Equality Act - information from the MS Trust
- What it's like to be an Orthodox rabbi with SPMS during Hanukkah - Gideon's personal story
- Workplace mediation - service for employment disputes
- Law Centres Network - offer legal advice, casework and representation
- Rights at work - Citizens Advice
- Access to work - GOV.UK
- Acas - gives employees and employers free, impartial advice on workplace rights, rules and best practice