Grants and financial help

MS organisations

The MS Trust does not provide grants or financial help to individuals. However, the following links may be helpful.

During the coronavirus outbreak, some charity funds have temporarily halted their grant and funding programmes. Do check the websites before making an application.

Professional organisations and trade unions

Many professions and trades unions have a benevolent fund that can make grants to members and former members.

Other charities and websites

  • Disability Grants - A website providing links to charities and trusts that support people and families living with a disability.
  • Turn2Us - A charity that helps people access the money available to them - through benefits, grants and other financial help. The website includes the ability to search for funding from other charities.
  • Money Saving Expert - This website has a compendium of financial tips for people living with disability. 

Help with fuel costs

Many energy suppliers offer the Warm Home Discount Scheme, which offers reduced rates to low-income or vulnerable customers, such as people with a long-term health condition. Rules about who qualifies for the reduced rates varies from company to company, so contact your energy supplier and ask for details of the Warm Home Discount.

  • Energy Saving Advice Service on 0300 123 1234 (England and Wales)
  • Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282 (Scotland)
  • The UK government hub for UK energy grants and calculating your fuel costs
On this page