NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) is looking for people with experience of MS to join the committee that will be updating the NICE Clinical Guideline, Multiple sclerosis in adults: management.
If you'd like to apply, the deadline is 5pm, February 17.
The MS Trust is not involved in recruitment to the committee.
The NICE guideline gives recommendations on how healthcare and other professionals should care for and support people with MS. The current guideline was published in 2014 and a number of areas have been identified which need revising. NICE is recruiting lay members and health professionals with experience of MS to join the committee which will assess new evidence and develop recommendations.
NICE is looking for people who have an understanding of multiple sclerosis and the issues important to patients and carers. This understanding could have been gained:
- through personal experience you have of treatment and care provided for you by the NHS
- as a relative or unpaid carer of someone who has used relevant health services
- as a volunteer or employee of a relevant voluntary organisation or support group
NICE are looking for the following specialists to act as full committee members:
- a multiple sclerosis nurse specialist with community based experience
- an occupational therapist with expertise in neurology
- a general neurologist
- a physiotherapist with expertise in neurology
- a general practitioner
- a consultant or other specialist in neurological rehabilitation
- a pharmacist
Also topic experts who will contribute at points in the development process:
- a clinical psychologist
- a palliative care specialist
- a dietician
Receiving an MS diagnosis during my gender transition
22 Feb 2021 - 00:00
Chris shares his experience of being diagnosed with MS at the same time as starting hormone treatment and a surgical gender transition.
David's Diary- Should we all be saying yes to the Covid 19 vaccine?
18 Feb 2021 - 00:00
For the last few weeks our Enquiry Service at the MS Trust has been busy with questions about the vaccination. In his latest blog piece for the MS Trust, CEO David Martin asks the question, 'Should we all be saying yes to the Covid 19 vaccine?'
Monkey sox are back!
17 Feb 2021 - 00:00
...but this time they've gone casual! We are very excited to have partnered once again with Monkey Sox to bring you an exclusive MS Trust design.